|Release date (US)|
October 14, 1998
StarCraft patch 1.03 is the third minor patch since the release.
- Localized versions should all see Battle.net properly now (all buttons translated / all hot keys correct).
- Additionally, chat help and account information should be appearing correctly when connecting to battle.net.
- The length of time you have to leave a game before it counts on your record on battle.net has been reduced from 5 minutes to 2 minutes.
- Very long games using the Terran Insane AI will no longer lock up.
- Custom maps that use the "set next map" trigger will now work properly after loading them from a saved game.
- New ladder maps have been added for Season O3. The old ladder maps have been moved to the OldLadder directory and downgraded to "Blizzard Approved" status. The (8)Green Valleys.scm map has been promoted to "Ladder" status. This means you can no longer play these downgraded maps as ladder maps.
- There are 4 new ladder maps: (4)Ashrigo, (4)Remote Outpost, (2)Gauntlet, (4)Bone Canyon.
- Fixed bug where if Zerg burrowers burrowed just as they decloaked (when leaving an Arbiter's field of influence) it would desync a network game.
- The MOVE UNIT trigger action now behaves correctly with add-ons. Buildings with existing add-ons will detach from the add-on if either the building or the add-on moves. Add-ons under construction will be cancelled.
- Buildings that are created with the CREATE UNIT trigger action or moved with the MOVE UNIT trigger action will attempt to reattach to add-ons of the correct type that are in the correct location.
- Preplaced carriers owned by the Neutral player slot that have an initial hangar count greater than 0 will no longer crash the game.
- Executing a KILL UNIT trigger action immediately followed by a MOVE UNIT trigger action will no longer result in a crash.
- Doodads are no longer affected by the MOVE UNIT trigger action.
- The mission countdown timer now has a maximum value of 99:99:99 (h:m:s)
- Fixed bug that caused Elapsed Time to display incorrectly when finishing a very short mission.