|Release date (US)|
March 31, 2018
StarCraft patch 4.1 was a 2018 April Fools patch. This patch wasn't actually implemented into the game.
Features and Improvements
- Increased overall Supply limit to 201.
- Unit selection limit is now measured in Supply units
- For example, you can select 24 Zerglings, but only 2 Battlecruisers.
Developer Note: This was actually intended at launch, but the technology just wasn’t ready yet. We think this will encourage different styles of play based on army composition.
- Goliaths will now occasionally fall over when walking over difficult terrain.
Developer Note: We felt the Goliath was too powerful. This seemed like the obvious fix.
- Goliaths are now always online.
- Ion Thrusters: To comply with new federal regulations for high-speed vehicles, this upgrade now also increases the cost of all Vultures built by 11 minerals to cover additional vehicle insurance.
- Dragoons can no longer turn left.
- Developer Note: Dragoons can still make three right turns to achieve a left turn. We expect this change to encourage greater micro at high levels of play.
- The voice line “You must construct additional pylons” has been re-recorded to sound a bit less angry.
- Overlord supply cost is now 2.
- Mutalisks are now called “Mutalicks”
- Zergling Happiness is now displayed in a new UI element. This UI also displays the favorite food of each Zergling.
Developer Note: Please make sure to feed your zerglings! Many players ignore this critical game mechanic.
- Fixed a bug where spider mines of opposing players would sometimes be invisible.
- Fixed an audio bug where Overlords would often garble unintelligibly instead of speaking their intended voice lines.
- Fixed a bug where Zerg units could not move while burrowed.