October 10, 2012
|# of players|
2 - 6
This board game features three play modes, and the game comes with 330 custom playing pieces. The game is intended to be easy for new players to pick up, and its play style is akin to classic RISK.
It is based on the context of StarCraft and StarCraft II. Terrans, zerg and protoss are playable, and the game can be played by 2-6 players, though is designed for 3-6—2 factions per species, though collectives can be played. Mineral fields are also featured in the game and there are three bases of operation per faction—command centers, hatcheries and nexi for terrans, zerg and protoss respectively.
Of the three species, each has a hero unit, one for each faction. Each hero unit has a mechanic that helps them stand out from regular units. The heroes are as follows:
The game was originally based on Wings of Liberty, without the intention of including elements from Heart of the Swarm. By June 2012, this had changed to include elements from StarCraft, its sequel and apparently the expansion of the latter.
As of September 2012, the game was released.
- Medievaldragon 2012-10-10. RISK: StarCraft Collector’s Edition On Sale Now. Blizzplanet. Retrieved on 2018-02-25.
- Medievaldragon 2012-02-11. Blizzard Announces Monopoly: World of Warcraft and RISK: Starcraft board games by USAopoly. Blizzplanet. Retrieved on 2018-02-25.
- World of Warcraft Monopoly® and StarCraft Risk®. Blizzard Entertainment (2012-02-10). Retrieved on 2018-02-25.
- SDCC 2012: Day Two. Blizzplanet (2012-07-13). Retrieved on 2018-02-25.
- Medievaldragon 2012-02-12. Blizzplanet @ Toy Fair 2012 – USAopoly Monopoly: World of Warcraft and RISK: StarCraft. Blizzplanet. Retrieved on 2018-02-25.
- Game Trade Magazine #148. Game Trade Magazine (2012-06-02). Retrieved on 2018-02-25.