|This article is a stub. You can help Starpedia by .|
|StarCraft II: War Chest|
Microsoft Windows, macOS
July 19, 2017
For each War Chest, players will do a one-time nominal payment, and receive a "treasure map" that they will level up by playing the game's multiplayer and or Co-op Missions. Everytime they level up the war chest, they will receive prizes. The prizes will not be random and will be predetermined. Loot from these chests include skins, emoticons, decals, portraits, and issues of the in-client comic series StarCraft II: Shadow Wars. Automatic rewards are given upon purchase of the War Chest, and at the end of a season, players will receive rewards just for participating. The War Chest loot works on a tiered system, each tier system unlocks more rewards than the preceding tier. There is a total of three tiers.
There will be one war chest per race, each having its own set of rewards. Unlocking one then purchasing another race's War Chest will give the player they made with that race. Experience gain for the War chests will be doubled in the last month to help players catch up.
The seasons themselves are not tied to ladder seasons, but rather to WCS events. Alerts will be generated on the web and in the game's client to let them know when a war chest season has begun. All rewards for the War Chest will be purchasable after the even ends, but the War Chest provides a large discount.
A portion of the proceeds from War Chests goes towards StarCraft e-sports events and tournaments.
- Main article: War Chest: BlizzCon 2017
The War Chest: BlizzCon 2017 (also War Chest 1) was implemented on July 18, 2017 with patch 3.16.0 and was available for purchase starting on July 19, 2017. It contained a Dominion Special Forces skin set for terran, a Leviathan Brood skin set for zerg, and a Forged skin set for protoss. This War Chest accumulated over $700,000 in prize pool.
- Main article: War Chest: Katowice 2018
The War Chest: Katowice 2018 (also War Chest 2) was implemented on December 5, 2017 with patch 4.1.0 and can purchased starting on December 8, 2017. It contained a Mira's Marauders skin set for terran, a primal zerg skin set for zerg, and a Purifier skin set for protoss. This War Chest so far accumulated over $400,000 in prize pool.
- Main article: War Chest: BlizzCon 2018
The War Chest: BlizzCon 2018 (also War Chest 3) was announced on August 2, 2018. It will be available for purchase starting August 9, 2018, and will run through until December 9, 2018. It contained a Umojan skin set for terran, a Simulant skin set for zerg, and a Golden Age skin set for protoss.
- BlizzCon 2016 Press Kit: StarCraft II Updates. Blizzard Entertainment. Retrieved on 2017-11-14.
- Blizzard Entertainment 2016-11-05. BlizzCon 2016: Foundations for the Future. YouTube. Retrieved on 2017-11-14.
- War Chests Page. Blizzard Entertainment (2017-07-15). Retrieved on 2017-11-14.
- StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void 3.16.0 Patch Notes. Blizzard Entertainment (2017-07-18). Retrieved on 2017-12-09.
- The Future of StarCraft II 2018. Blizzard Entertainment (2017-11-05). Retrieved on 2017-11-14.
- War Chest: BlizzCon 2017. Blizzard Entertainment (2017-07-18). Archived from the original on 2017-10-01. Retrieved on 2018-01-22.
- StarCraft 4.1.0 Patch Notes. Blizzard Entertainment (2017-12-05). Retrieved on 2017-12-05.
- War Chest: Katowice 2018. Blizzard Entertainment (2017-07-18). Retrieved on 2018-01-22.
- War Chest Season 3 Preview. Blizzard Entertainment (2018-08-02). Retrieved on 2018-08-02.